The Purpose of King’s Lynn Roller Hockey Club is to teach the sport of roller hockey to our local youth. We stress sportsmanship and teamwork, promote fitness, provide a positive, fun atmosphere of learning, enhance family and friend relations, and assist in the development of honest, loyal, and respectful citizens; remembering that this is an opportunity to learn and have fun. In order to achieve this objective, all members sign and support this code of conduct.
As a member of King’s Lynn Roller Hockey Club
- I will show good sportsmanship to all officials, coaches, players, parents and visitors.
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship regardless of the score by acting in a positive manner towards all players, officials, parents and coaches.
- I will show respect to all timekeepers, referees, co-ordinators, coaches, players and parents and never act in a manner that would be disrespectful towards them.
- I will learn the rules of the game.
- I will treat the equipment with respect and not cause any deliberate damage.
- I will attend and be on time to every practice and game that I can.
- I will do my best to listen, learn and respect my coaches at all times. I understand that failing this I will be asked to remove my skates and leave the rink for 10 minutes. If bad behaviour persists I will be asked to leave the training session.
- I will attend my session no earlier than 20 minutes in advance to get rink ready.
- I will give at least 24 hours notice before a tournament if I am unable to play.
- I will arrive and leave tournaments wearing my club kit.
- I will return tournament kit to my coordinator or coach before leaving the venue.
- I will shake hands with the opposing team and the officials at the conclusion of all games.
- I understand that when representing my club at events I will behave in an acceptable manor. Verbal abuse will NOT be tolerated under any circumstances.
- I will remember that it is a privilege to coach.
- I will be a positive role model by displaying emotional maturity and be alert to the physical safety of all players.
- I will observe all players participation rules and strive to make each player feel as if he/she is a valuable member of the club regardless of any physical or developmental limitations he/she may have.
- I will encourage safe play at all times.
Parents And Other Volunteers:
- I understand that during training sessions and tournaments I must supervise my child off the rink (relevant to primary school aged children).
- I understand that my child should attend their training session 20 minutes before and no earlier.
- I will give at least 24 hours notice, to my child’s team coordinator, before a tournament if they are unable to play.
- I will not force my child to participate in sports.
- I will teach my child that doing ones best is more important than winning.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and will never question, discuss or confront officials at a sporting event.
- I understand that any member, (player, coach, parent, guest, other volunteer) who violates this code of conduct is subject to disciplinary action, this will be decided by the committee of KLRHC case by case.
- I agree if I have any complaints towards the volunteers, coaches, coordinators, referees or timekeepers, I will voice my concerns to Andy Horn, Smokey or Josh Taylor.